🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Worst Character

What is your least character

• Gandalf

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Frodo

• Bilbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Saruman

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Pippin

• Merry

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Boromir

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Arwen

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Gimli

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
B

Billbo

sorry if this has been asked befor but i am new here what is your least fave character.

Courtney

Master of the Lore
Reaction score
Saruman is my worst because he is a traitor. He knew about the ring and didn't tell Gandalf about it. And I just don't like him.

Ancalagon

Quality, not Quantity!
Reaction score
I have to say it's Frodo for me. Why, because even though his role within the rings is essential, his character portrayal is twee and pathetic. Sorry, I know he is your nephew and all, but just can't help disliking him.

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
So there is a hit and run Gimli voter out there huh?!

I voted for Boromir. Only because he didn't serve to the end as well as the others did. Even Saruman had a big part to play, albeit an evil one. Maybe if he hadn't have died he would have influenced the story more.

Walter

Flamekeeper
Reaction score
Boromir - He couldn't control his urge for power which made him the traitor within the fellowship...

----
...hey, what's wrong with a girl being blonde, pretty and having all those female attributes and such? :D

Last edited:

Merry

Has chubby cheeks
Reaction score
Just to clarify.......

I don't hate Boromir, I think that he was a victim of the ring because of his strong desires. I picked him because out the list given, I wouldn't have voted for anyone else.

menchu

Reaction score
I voted for Saruman. Hama should be in the list, and I would have voted for him!

Telchar, seems those people who voted for Gimli, in your case, and Sam, in mine, won't face us.... UMMM!

Tar-Steve

Reaction score
I voted for Saruman because he's the character I'm most disappointed in. He had all that potential and tossed it aside as he betrayed his friends ... and he knew better.

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Welcome, Kit! :)
It depends on what you mean by 'least favorite'. I voted for Arwen, because her role is so totally minute and she seems like a spoiled brat. I would have voted for Frodo, but I was reminded that he had a very valiant and important part (indeed the most important) of the Fellowship of the Ring. I think he is too gloomy and self-important. But Arwen it is, I suppose.

EDIT: I wouldn't vote for Saruman, because although he was quite caniving (major sp) and treacherous (sp again. where's my dictionary?), he was also brilliant and smart. I would say 'wise', but to be wise one must know how to use their knowledge the best they can, not put it to evil uses. Anyway, he was a brilliant character, and although he was a slimeball Arwen is way too Goldilocks. :D

Last edited:

Tyaronumen

Agent of the West
Reaction score
I voted for Saruman for reasons others have adequately stated, but I am definitely in sympathy to those who chose Boromir. He was consistently arrogant throughout until a gaggle of orc-arrows finally opened his eyes. :D

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pontifex
EDIT: I wouldn't vote for Saruman, because although he was quite caniving (major sp) and treacherous (sp again. where's my dictionary?), he was also brilliant and smart. I would say 'wise', but to be wise one must know how to use their knowledge the best they can, not put it to evil uses. Anyway, he was a brilliant character, and although he was a slimeball Arwen is way too Goldilocks. :D
Yup...have fun...welcome, ciao, salve, buon giorno, guten tag heir Baggins, Feliz Navidad!

Actually, when you think about it, Saruman was putting his knowledge to what he thought was the best way possible. What comes into play is the definition of the best use of knowledge...the best for Saruman, or the best for the world, or the best for hobbits, or the best for Ea, or the best for Gandalf, or the best for the white council, or the best for orcs...

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
I voted for Sam. I know that he's a very admirable character, but he can really get on my nerves at times.

Thread suggestions