🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

X is to Y, as A is to B

Ingolmin

Reaction score
Absolutely, correct friend.
Now lets jump ahead,
1)Saruman is to Orthanc as Gandalf is to_____
2)Ulmo is to Osse as Manwe is to ____
3)Gandalf is to Manwe as Saruman is to____
4)Thorin is to Durin the Deathless as Bilbo is to______(Hint:Don't see the lineage but concentrate on Deathless)
5)Melkor is to Grond as Illuvitar is to ______
6)Melkor is to Tulkas as Manwe is to _______

Ingolmin

Reaction score
Well, you Mallos and Starbrow are the only two members who have replied to my post. You are hardy loremasters. Keep it up!
Yes, it can be, Secret Fire. As Melkor's weapon was a threat to the lives of Elves, men and other people of Middle Earth. But Secret Fire was the source of all fea. So, creation can definitely the foe of destruction.
Their can be one more answer to the question answered by you. It is Light which is greatest opponent of Melkor.
2 questions are still left.
Let me add more to the list:
1. Denethor II to Gondor as Gandalf is to___

Thank you for the fun.

Ingolmin

Reaction score
You are right in one sense that Gandalf was a steward of middle Earth. But do you really think it is. It is a very debatable question and I cannot say that you are truly correct or truly wrong because this question is still a great mystery
The steward was next in hierarchy to the king(provided we leave the queen). And do you know that if the steward was Gandalf then who was the King? Is he Manwe?

Thread suggestions