🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Yikes! Bar With A Name Too Long And Crazy That Was Made For RPGers! (and sure, fun)

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Hi. My name is Amon Rudh. I'm a hill featured in The Silmarillion. I'm a pretty big hill with some red growing things on top. Most people say I look good when the sun hits them. Anyways, I've been pretty bored until recently, since this short Beorning named Truor Tupnm showed up.

He was walking next to a white horse named Anthrax, having a quiet conversation with him, had a raven named Shadowflaps on his shoulder, squawking at him, and a poor excuse for a giant eagle (named Knockondor) hovering over him, occassionally swooping lower to add an opinion of his own. When they saw me, Shadowflaps flew around and discovered the entrance some Dwarves had put in a while ago. They stayed for a while, had fun exploring, and collected all of the little treasures the Dwarves had made from bits of me. I guess that this group had nothing better to do, so they explored the area around me and made the entrance more noticeable.

After a while, it seemed as if they were going to leave until the one day when this wagon showed up. Written on both sides were the words ---> Trahald's Itinerant Armoury and Apothecary (in big and fancy letters) and ---> And Toyshop! (in simple and bold letters). The wagon was being driven by a black corsair of Umbar looking guy whipping a huge brown horse forward. Tied to the back was a gold and white pony. Shadowflaps alerted Truor, who sauntered out to greet what he thought was just another average peddler.

Out of the back of the wagon came a huge, half scary, half harmless looking hulk of a human and a simple looking Dwarf. They introduced themselves as Trahald, Tolir, and Boffin. Trahald seemed very interested in me. Always talking about grand ideas he had for converting me into different businesses. The birds seemed excited about sharing a profit, Tolir and Boffin would go along with anything Trahald said, Anthrax had already made friends with Tolir's horse Fred and Boffin's pony Pooftop, and Truor was always ready to try something new, so they all started to work on me.

Now I am the home of the Burning Eyed Silver Eagle And Sapphire Chromed Weeping Chicken Dragon Child Outcast's Haven Inn, Bar, Pub, Tavern, And Narcissus Lounge. There are plenty of rooms for plenty of sizes, plenty of rafters for plenty of birds, and plenty of space in the stable.

Trahald had wanted to advertise the bar section as a single's bar, preparing to prey off the passions of other people (Always avoid alliteration? Ah, well.), but Truor convinced him to settle for just a few honeymoon suites and a romantically lit section of the lounge (lots of gems in the walls and some low light. Ick!).

A few days before we opened, an orc showed up, looking for shelter. Knockondor was about to fly down and eat him, but Trahald welcomed him, hoping that this would help with the diversity of customers. The orc said his name was Bugburz and talked about how pitiful he was, which of course made Truor give him a job.

I am now open for business. Trahald and Bugburz are sometimes cooks and sometimes bartenders. Truor can do both, but just likes to stay in the lounge, hoping for good stories. Knockondor and Shadowflaps pace on their perches, waiting for people to hire them to deliver messages or packages. Tolir is grudgingly taking on the role of bouncer, while Boffin has fun with doodling in the guestbook at the inn.

There's a board at the door with lots of knives in it. There's only one note right now. ---> "Welcome to the Burning Eyed Silver Eagle And Sapphire Chromed Weeping Chicken Dragon Child Outcast's Haven Inn, Bar, Pub, Tavern, And Narcissus Lounge!

Collect all 5 of our quality Dwarven made drinking vessels when you purchase these drinks! --->

Corsair Colada! (shaped like a boat),

Saruman Screwdriver! (Orthanc),

Mallorn Martini! (a mallorn. What else?),

Fuzzy Eyeball! (a palantir),

and v&f! (Vodka and fish! A Beorning specialty! Shaped like a fish!)

All of our other drinks come with our logo on them! Yay!

We are hiring beings for all positions! Talk to Truor or Trahald if you can be a cook, 'tender, bouncer, innkeeper, or entertainer!"

OOC: Okay, dudes. More than one person helped me out with ideas for this place, and since it'd take a while for me to remember all of those names, you can just assume that I came up with everything unless one of them shows up and says, "Argh! Where's my recognition?"

Anyways, the main reason that this bar is around is, sure, entertainment, I guess, but also to help people out with RPG character development. The main place for that is the Narcissus Lounge. No, I won't be developing the character of Amon Rudh. I just wanted to let the walls talk for once. Let me see here. You could tell how a certain RPG went in your character's eyes. You could tell a story that you made specifically for your RPG character. Or you could just be yourself and offer some constructive critisism for other people.

Whatever you want. If you think that you're the greatest RPGer of all time and need no help at all, Fine! I could always use help with my characters! This would be a good place for people to try out or throw away new characters before they embarrass themselves in an RPG. Why not? This could be a good place to incorporate weird and new things into our LOTR RPG universe. This could be a good place for IC or OOC discussions about different RPGs. I was planning on ranting and bragging all over the place in here anyways. oh well. I gots to remember that this is just a bar. I can't wait to see the entrances of the people that actually read all of this! Did I overdo it? :rolleyes: Well, Yay for me finally getting around to typing this up, but now I gots to go! Have fun!

N

Neffie

*Neffie stepped through the front doors and paused for a moment to look around, pulling her cloak tightly around her. She looked over at the board and read its content and then seated herself in a comfy chair by the fire, she waves over the first person who walks by.* Can I get a Corsair Colada please oh and a Jones Soda :)

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Mablung walks through the door and bangs his head on the sign with the name of the bar on it since it is so long. Staggering he gets up ducking this time and enters in. Then he takes a seat and waves the bartender over. "A Saruman Scredriver sounds good right about now."

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
A weary Dragon lands outside the door to the Inn and collapses under the shade tree outside. She has been looking for a new home ever since her mistress abondoned her. Having finally exhausted herself, she hoped that at last, her search had ended and the proprietor would welcome her, knowing her for the intelligent beast she is.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Trahald hears the crazy elf ---> "A mug you say, obviously Omnipotent_elf? What drink would you like? I'm not psychic like some of you!"

Truor hears the Neffie person ---> "Corsair Colada. Jones Soda. Got it. Argh! Trahald! Did you just hear this crazy lady's order? Hurry up! What am I paying you for?"

Bugburz serves the Mablung guy, looks at Trahald to make sure he's watching, and tries some politeness ---> "Saruman Screwdriver! Good choice, sir! My favorite!" *throws his arms in the air and stalks off* "Garn! Ick! Why me? I should own this place!"

Tolir notices the giant lizard outside ---> "What is that? It's on the welcome mat!" *runs inside, forgetting that he's a bouncer*

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
Overhearing the giant oaf who had just run outside, she nipped at his heels. "Lizard, indeed! I am a Dragon, for your information, human! Tell your owner that I would like to speak with him."

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
*Trahald gets all three people's drinks and shoos Bugburz off to the kitchen, Tolir looks at the dragon skeptically, but taps Truor on the shoulder* "Excuse me, sir, but something...I mean someone just asked for you."

*points to the small dragon, which Truor steps back to take in for a while* "Huh. A dragon coming to my bar? All right, this is an Outcast's haven. There are probably people trying to kill him like your average orc. What do you need?"

Maedhros

The Tall
Reaction score
Greetings. I have come a long way and I' lost. In here I will find the answer to the question that I seek?:confused:

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
The Dragon eyed the Man skeptically. "My mistress Narya disappeared recently and I have been in search of a new place to reside. This one will do nicely..... :D Any snacks around??"

Glancing at the new arrival, she cocked her head to one side. "What is your question, friend Elf?"

Last edited:

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
*after depositing Truor in front of the dragon, Tolir stomps back to his post where he meets the Maedhros person* "Do you really expect to get an answer to a question like that? Now, unless you explain what you're looking for, I don't think we can be very helpful." *backs up with a start* "Oh, I'm sorry. You must be looking for someone who does understand you. Ah, yes, I did see an elf walk over to the bar a while ago."

Truor, distractedly to the dragon ---> "Mistress Narya dissappeared, you say? Fascinating! You need a new place to stay. Thanks for coming. What? Oh, snacks? I don't know what kind of snacks a dragon would like that I'd permit here." *wanders off to get himself a v&f, muttering to himself about the many problems of dealing with customers that like to eat meat he'd usually talk to,

but Bugburz sees a chance to do his job while breaking rules* "Ar! Dragon! Over here! You want meat? I got some Dwarves recently. Shhh!"

G

greypilgrim

Agar a man from Harad is walking up towards the place. He sees the sign, hears voices inside, and says "At last, I am here."
Looking quite dejected and tired from a long journey, he goes in and plops down at the bar. "My head aches, and I need a drink! A Fuzzy Eyeball, please. And a regular ol' sandwich!"
Hopes to get a nice collectable mug or something with his purchase.

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
Looking with disgust at the grungy orc, Chrysophalax snorted. "Dwarf? ICK! My mistress Narya alway gave me roast lamb...although I, uh...don't suppose you might have stumbled across a nice tender bit of Elf?" She began to drool hopefully on the welcome mat.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
*Trahald sees Truor wander back to the lounge and approvingly watches Bugburz advertising meat that Truor wouldn't want here, then turns to the human* "Welcome, my good man! A Fuzzy Eyeball coming right up!" *plunks the drink in front of the dude, then sets a decorative napkin Boffin tried his best at for the dude's roast beef sandwich* "Phew! Come far to get here? We are out of the way, but hey, that ensures some interesting customers!"

*Bugburz looks dissappointed when the dragon declines the Dwarf, but decides that it'll taste better in his belly anyways* "Roast lamb? Now, that's ICK! Sure you wouldn't want it raw? I could find some fast enough. An elf is a different story. If I run into one, I'll tell you. Nar! It wouldn't be smart for me to kill off our customers yet!"

G

greypilgrim

Agar gobbles down the sandwich, wiping the sauce off his chin with the napkin. "There are many interesting customers here, already, Trahald! Your ideas for the place are interesting as well! It is good to see men in here. Others are strange to me. I don't understand, will the dragon continue to be served outside? I would like to speak to the dragon. Perhaps Bugburz, he will send a message to him? Yes?"*looks around at the dwarves, beorning-Truor, and the dragon right outside the frontdoor*
"What else is there to do here?"

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
*Trahald indicates the rafters above their heads where the raven Shadowflaps and the giant eagle Knockondor are perched* "Those two are advertising themselves as a messenger and delivery service, but since we're only talking about right out front, you could talk to the dragon yourself. If not, I'm sure that either of them would be happy to deliver a message for free. What else is there to do here? Well, we are looking for entertainment." *points over to Truor in the lounge* "See that guy over there? He's been dying for some storytellers to show up. Got any talents? We'd pay you, of course."

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
"The Dragon" can hear what you say, human." Chrys sticks her head in the door. "I am accustomed to remaining outside human dwellings as my size can be rather destructive. If you wish to speak with me, come...I would be delighted to speak with you!'

N

Neffie

*Neffie remains in her seat watching the many strangers come in with interest. She sips on her Jones, her other drink she had given to her fairy dragon perched on her shoulder.* Any music in here?

G

greypilgrim

Agar gazes in awe upon the magnificent head of the Dragon, Chrysophalax, filling the doorway. *looks at Trahald* Perhaps I will have a story to tell soon" he said, glancing past Bugburz towards Truor in the Lounge. *orders whatever Chrysophalax is drinking, and one for her (or him?)* Agar then removes the napkin made into a note from Shadowflap's foot and walks to the doorway.

G

greypilgrim

I guess I called Shadowflaps to me me somehow.:D
Agar walks over the floor toward Chrysophalax, not wanting to look into either of the Dragon-eyes looking at him, and brings the drinks with him, on a tray. He likes the decor inside Amon Rudh, and decides to pick up an application for employment here.

Thread suggestions