🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Your name

C

celebdraug

how long to you think i'll stay!

Wow you have been here a long time! I thought you weree new too! (you dint have an avarar!! opps):p

Celebthôl

Loremaster
Reaction score
I been here about 1 year and 2 months now. . . so im not too new, tho i am new in comparission to some, in the great scheme of things. . .
Naw i took my avatar away for reasons.

C

celebdraug

sure!

sowwy! *has a sweet smile so thol can forgive her!*

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
I used Melian because it's an anagram of my own name... Actually, it resembles my own name in accentation too (Milena)... I had to put something else too, 'cause Melian was already taken... And I figured Le Fay, even though it's not from one of Tolkien's languages... I was told Le Fay means "dark one", meaning woman with dark hair... Something poetical about it...

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
I tried translating my name into Quenya (on Council of elrond), but I couldn't
It;s not in the library so I tried translating it... but it didn't work... Could somebody help me about this, please...? :rolleyes: :D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
You are Milena too?Our Melian's name is Milena,now we have not only three Melians but also two Milenas!!!!

Manveru,you should be very careful not to do a mistake with the wrong one ;) :D :cool:

Ireth Telrúnya

Wanderer
Reaction score
I have no idea what my name means, but I have a clue that it is not something "noble". I just adopted this name in a website, since I didn't bothered to make one up myself.

Minuel Lasgalas

Lilies are blooming...
Reaction score
Enter another Melian - different variety.

I have thought about changing imy name due to the potential confusion but I'm not sure how I would do that and not lose what I have done so far. Any suggestions?

Melian was one of my favorite characters in the Sil and the Lasgalas comes from the trees on my property... so Lasgalas would remain a part of my forum name.

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
You are Milena too?Our Melian's name is Milena,now we have not only three Melians but also two Milenas!!!!

Manveru,you should be very careful not to do a mistake with the wrong one ;) :D :cool:
Hmm... I'll try not to;)
(but we all make mistakes...)
kidding... don't you worry, Kingy, I'll find a way... (like Stingie sings: ...let your soul be your pilot...)

BTW: Nice names, ladies...

:D

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Gil-Galad said:
Hey, and who's your Melian? So, we are name-mates both way!!! Oh, I have to meet her! :p And where is she from? I'm from Serbia, so it means we're neighbours, Gil-Galad! ;)
Damn, I knew this wouldn't be so original... what if the three of us make a big confusion...?

And thanks for the compliment, Manveru... It means Michael, am I right?! I think I read that on a site concerning Quenya...

Manveru

(former)blue angel of GoT
Reaction score
Melian Le Fay said:
Hey, and who's your Melian? So, we are name-mates both way!!! Oh, I have to meet her! :p And where is she from? I'm from Serbia, so it means we're neighbours, Gil-Galad! ;)
Damn, I knew this wouldn't be so original... what if the three of us make a big confusion...?

And thanks for the compliment, Manveru... It means Michael, am I right?! I think I read that on a site concerning Quenya...
Well, you've got more in common than meets the eye;) (smart those Milenas :p ;)). You're welcome, I meant that (so enchanted by that Maia:D).

Oh, and I don't think you'll meet her soon, our;) Melian (btw: she's from Bulgaria--you've got nearer to her than me:()... she's quite busy at the moment, but who knows... (keep the faith;)).

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Manveru said:
You're welcome, I meant that (so enchanted by that Maia:D).
She's one of my favourite characters, too! I say one of, because whatever book I read, I never have just one fav. character... she's a bit tragic (and which Sil character isn't?) and that's why I like her so much...

...unless... you weren't thinking of the book character, but some "real Maia"... :confused: ;)

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
He, he, he... :p

Speaking of names... (since this is a thread about names), I have several friends who's names sound Tolkienish -
Maia, Varda, Linda, Vanya, Borimir (almost like Boromir), Eleni... cool, huh? I know who's company to choose... ;) :cool:

Finduilas

Hope brings Death...
Reaction score
Hmm..quite a lot of similarities...probably because we live in similar countries! :p
I mean our countries were involved much in both history and culture aspects..so it is logical to have similar even equal names...traditions...etc.

We have Vanya too and Maia, and Varda, and Linda (though it is a bit "foreignish"), and Elena (here's a small difference), and Borimir.
We also have Lina which..hmm...at least to me sounds Tolkienish..:p

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
I remember when my friends and I tried to translate our names into Quenya or Sindarin, and we run into some problems - the program wouldn't accept meanings of names, only actual names, which are, of course, from English-spoken territories... That sucks! :mad: Do you know any good sites where I can somehow translate my name...? I tried Counsil of Elrond, but it's not working...
Anyway, my friend Maia (she was with us) just commented: "huh, you petty mortals, I don't have to bother... My name is already Elvish" :rolleyes: I hate her. ;) :p :D

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Ha, ha! :D :D :D That's a funny site! Thanks, Findi!
When I put just my first name, I got Sorrowfull Ranger of Ithilien, and when I put my full name, I got Powerfull Ranger... So, I'm doomed to be a ranger... :rolleyes:

Thread suggestions